[Talk-ca] Help needed to double-check a recent changeset in Montreal

Nicolas Marchildon nicolas at marchildon.net
Tue Jul 10 01:39:45 BST 2012

I have been mapping some bus stops, and I used "ref" for the stop number,
not the route number. I usually added the route numbers of that stop in the
"notes" tag, but by looking at http://openptmap.org/ I see there's an
example in Montreal, on rue du Parc, and it uses a relation for the bus
route:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/FR:Relation:route

It seems you can add individual points as well as ways to the route, but I
don't know how it would render the points. I would try creating the route
with the route number as an attribute, then add the bus stops with
ref=<stop number> to the relation.

The openptmap is updated every day, so I'd say try it and let us know how
it goes :)