[Talk-ca] Fixme Files

Adam Dunn dunnadam at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 22:26:59 BST 2012

(Relating to 092G02.1.1.2)
I've done some manual comparisons between Canvec 10 and OSM in New
Westminster (Vancouver) area, and for the most part, the fixme seems
pretty accurate (ignoring highways marked due to being unclassified).
Omissions and commisions seem to be correct, and I was easily able to
spot a little road (the east tail end of Glover Avenue) that is
missing in OSM (but present in Canvec and Bing aerial). However, take
a look at these residential areas off Mulberry Place
[http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=49.238584&lon=-122.910982&zoom=18&layers=M].
There are several roads present in OSM where there are blank spots in
Canvec, and yet the Fixme file did not mark them (it only marked some
of them). This could be due to comparison to Canvec 11, which I don't
have, or maybe the algorithm needs some more tuning.

In looking at Fixme files for Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and
Moncton, I have not seen a single "Attributed" tag (and I'm using JOSM
filters to try and find them). Has this been implemented yet? Have any
examples to show?

Adam