[Talk-ca] Re : admin_level of canadian cities

Pierre Béland infosbelas-gps at yahoo.fr
Thu Jun 14 20:48:30 BST 2012

I suggest to keep node 30915641 where content is more accurate.  Tag state_capital is ok. But the tag admin_level=4 should be removed. And I dont know if capital=yes adds anything.

We should avoid to create duplicates of the tag admin_level and not confuse about where to place admin_level tags.

Admin_level=4 refers to the province. It is placed in the boundary relation for Quebec province (as it is presenly).

Admin_level=8 refers to the municipality. It is presently in the node for Quebec city. wich is ok. Butwhen a boundary relation will be created for Quebec city, this admin_level tag will be moved to that boundary relation.

Boundary relation :the node for Quebec city, 30915641, should be added to boundary relation for Quebec province with role .admin_centre
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/61549.

Pierre

http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/30915641

addr:country = CA
admin_level = 4
capital = yes
is_in = Québec, Canada
is_in:continent = Amérique du Nord
is_in:country = Canada
is_in:state = Québec
is_in:state_code = QC
name = Québec
name:ar = كويبك سيتي
name:en = Quebec
name:eu = Québec
name:fr = Québec
name:ru = Квебек
place = city
population = 8047000
state_capital = yes
superficy = 1667441

http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/1781476959
admin_level = 8
capital = 8
is_in = Canada, Québec, Capitale-Nationale
name = Québec
name:en = Quebec
place = town
population = 8047000