[Talk-ca] Mapping party today in Montreal - OSM?

Fabian Rodriguez magicfab at member.fsf.org
Sat Jun 30 12:35:13 BST 2012

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone on this list contributing to OSM is going to
this event today:
http://journeedaccessibilite.eventbrite.com/

It's being advertised as a "mapping party" although I don't see any
mention of OSM there or on the Montréal Accessible website. In fact
their prototype using Google Maps:
http://montrealaccessible.ca

I've asked the organizers directly, I hope such data can be added to OSM
if no other sources currently exist. Another member of Libre Planet
Quebec and myself will most probably be there today to encourage using
OSM too. I know at least another OSM contributor from the Montreal area
is coming too.

Cheers,

Fabian Rodriguez
http://fsf.magicfab.ca