[Talk-ca] Cleanup

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Fri Mar 2 17:57:02 GMT 2012

I'm not sure what the best way to proceed. Proceeding with the node removals
will still leave stray nodes as I believe there are false negatives in the
license change algorithms used. When I suggested a second run targeting
items where all versions were created by one of the accounts it was because
the first run had essentially missed some objects.

What might be best is reverting the deletion of objects that do not meet the
proposed critera, so that we can then carry on normal remapping.
Alternately, reverting the deletion of objects that are not imports or
imports of highway=secondary or above which would then allow manual
remapping to ensure continuity of the major roads network.

Proceeding with an automated node removal and including nodes that are
members of other objects could leave invalid geometries behind. I know I had
to manually check for these when removing imports prior to remapping. The
same applies to way removal and including ways that are members of
relations.