[Talk-ca] Re : Clean up progress and last push

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Sat Mar 31 19:08:58 BST 2012

2012/3/31 Pierre Béland <infosbelas-gps at yahoo.fr>:
> Since I work more for developping tools, I am not as familliar as many of
> you about re-mapping procedure.
>
> I need clear ODBL Safe instructions on how to redraw areas like in Verdun
> where large portions have to be redrawned. This morning, I was erasing
> streets one by on  and redrawing them using nodes that cross other streets.
> This way it is simple to redraw. But I now realize that this ways it keeps
> nodes that are not ODBL. Is this means that I also have to remove nodes and
> redraw them ?  Then this would mean erase first a complete sector and then
> redraw it. This would be a more perillous aventure!

:-)  If you are uncomfortable with the level of excitement then
perhaps wait a few days. :-)

The goal of remapping is to remove that for which we have no
permission to continue with.

I have fair-to-good aerial imagery in my area, so I like using the
combination of NRCan road names and aerial imagery as described
earlier.

When replacing a single tainted way, I'll delete it and then create
anew from the good sources.

When replacing an area, I prefer to remove several in a block and then
rebuild them from good sources.