[Talk-ca] Re : Clean up progress and last push

Steve Singer steve at ssinger.info
Sat Mar 31 19:18:42 BST 2012

On Sat, 31 Mar 2012, Pierre Béland wrote:

> Since I work more for developping tools, I am not as familliar as many of
> you about re-mapping procedure.
>
> I need clear ODBL Safe instructions on how to redraw areas like in Verdun
> where large portions have to be redrawned. This morning, I was erasing
> streets one by on  and redrawing them using nodes that cross other streets.
> This way it is simple to redraw. But I now realize that this ways it keeps

In the JOSM license layer it shows each non-odbl clean node in red, (or
oranage/yellow). I delete the way and any all non clean nodes for that
way and remake it from the Geobase WMS layer.  I TRY not to join the way to
nodes that are red from another intersecting way.  If the way I am working
on crosses another non-odbl way I will either:

i) Delete that other way at the same time and remap them both
ii) Add new nodes on both sides of the intersection so if the intersection
node is later deleted the shape of the way I am remapping doesn't really
change.

I do not look at the tags of on the old way before I delete it.