[Talk-ca] New Roads to map?

Bégin, Daniel Daniel.Begin at RNCan-NRCan.gc.ca
Tue May 29 16:56:48 BST 2012

Bonjour Osmers,

I told you in previous emails that we were to use Osm to help us updating the Canvec product. Over the last year I developed a process/software that compare Osm and Canvec data to find significant changes between both datasets. We successfully used it last year, in New-Brunswick, to plan field work for road network updating.

We will soon use it again to detect significant differences between Osm and Canvec Road Networks. The detected changes will be used for planning the road network updates of Newfoundland, Manitoba and New-Brunswick.

So, if you ever have some gpx tracks that lies in a drawer somewhere, and if these tracks are related to new roads, mapping these roads before the summer will help us a lot.

Thanks in advance!
Daniel