[Talk-ca] Rivière Richelieu : Riverbank broken

Pierre Béland infosbelas-gps at yahoo.fr
Wed May 30 02:02:21 BST 2012

A year ago, water flooding was at his higher level at this
time of the month in the Richelieu river around
Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu. It is quite ironic to see that non-CT
operation has succeeded in letting water floowing away by removing part
of the riverbank.
I saw
strange things in the last few days around Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu.  At certain zoom levels, water is disappearing from the map in some parts
of the river.

see http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=45.3018&lon=-73.2364&zoom=13&layers=M

If we zoom out at level 12 or less, water is back. Looking more closely, I see that user PurpleMustang have modified the relation 1604181, replacing the way 115376686 by the way 164251790.  If we browse the relation, we see that part of the riverbank is now missing.

while removing way 115376686, it is indicated recreating  / removing non-ct data

Could we have the water back for the summer time coming?

 Pierre