[Talk-ca] Internal CanVec conflicts

Pierre Béland infosbelas-gps at yahoo.fr
Thu Nov 15 17:48:56 GMT 2012

North of Québec province, and probably elsewhere in Canada, I see a lot of objects identified with created
by=Dshpak_landsat_lakes. These are apparently traced by  the Lakewalker JOSM Plugin that vectorize landsat imagery. See http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JOSM/Plugins/Lakewalker

There were also PGS imports for coastline that are of poor quality. I think it is agreed that we should delete PGS before importing Canvec.

I dont see documentation or discussions on how to treat Dshpak objects when importing Canvec data.

Canvec seems of better quality then these landsat derived objects. Is this true?

If so, do people agree that we should give instruction to erase all these objects before importing Canvec data?

What other objects should be erased systematically?

Pierre