[Talk-ca] Environment Canada Forecast Region boundaries released

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Fri Jan 25 20:35:03 GMT 2013

It is simple to do for a user database. From JOSM, you can simply save an OSM file. It is also possible to convert to a shp file or other formats. It is then easy to define a page using services such as Mapbox or or API's such as Openlayers or LeafLet.

For community database, there may be many solutions more or less complex to store, manage and read the data. I am not an expert at these, but I have once developed one simple solution that works for managing collectively a list of POI's. Data was stored in a Google Doc Spreadsheet and converted to be read by map API's.

Pierre