[Talk-ca] Sidewalks

Harald Kliems kliems at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 02:18:25 GMT 2013

Personally I don't map sidewalks like that but I respect local
mappers' work and would not change this, as it isn't really wrong. I
don't think there's a strong consensus to map sidewalks merely as
attributes of the adjoining road, and there are a lot of problems with
that approach, too. E.g. how to mapp accessibility features like curb
cuts or the need to chop ways into tiny segments in cases where
sidewalks appear and disappear.
Cheers,
 Harald.

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 8:10 PM, Connors, Bernie (SNB)
<Bernie.Connors at snb.ca> wrote:
> I came across this when I was working on Map Roulette connectivity
> corrections –
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=42.98773840069771&lon=-81.24551922082901&zoom=18
>

> I thought it was not advised to digitize sidewalks along urban streets – Are
> there any other opinions on this?
>

> --
>
> Bernie Connors, P.Eng
>
> bernie.connors at unb.ca
>
> New Maryland, NB

Please use encrypted communication whenever possible!
Key-ID: 0x34cb93972f186565