[Talk-ca] Forests and water multipolygons in Canvec

Sam Dyck samueldyck at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 03:26:25 GMT 2013

Hi

I'm currently working on importing Canvec tile 063I05. I noticed that the
islands in the Nelson River (of which there are many) have the forest area
offset significantly from the inner way for water. This means that the area
boundaries are offset, even though the geometry is almost identical, This
creates forests that stretch several metres into the Nelson.

I've been deleting the forest areas and adding forest tagging into the
water areas, which is probably better than the two identical ways sharing
nodes approach usually seen in Canvec data. The offset appears consistent,
so I thought it should be noted in case it can be fixed.