[Talk-ca] Out of date or incomplete NRCan-CanVec-7.0 data

Daniel Begin jfd553 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 3 17:11:51 UTC 2013

Bonjour Tony,

You are right about the fact that NRCan data is out of date. To have an idea
on how out-of-date it is, the latest version of Canvec has a text file that
gives these specific details for each map (metadata.txt). This file is
included within each Canvec .zip file. See.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Canvec

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/CanVec:_Metadata

You wrote: "Does it serve any useful purpose?   Is it safe to delete that
polygon or will it come back on some re-import in the future?"

There is no automatic import. Someone like you has decided to import the
data some time ago. You can remove it if you wish - but then deleting the
work done by someone else - or better: why don't you update the polygon to
reflect the actual residential area as it is today?

Best

Daniel