[Talk-ca] OSM apps for iOS devices

Guillaume Pratte guillaume at guillaumepratte.net
Tue May 14 13:07:54 UTC 2013

Hello,

In preparation for the upcoming OSM workshop in Montreal, I would like to have the advice of people using iPhones and such on the best OpenStreetMap applications available.

What do you use to browse the map?
Are there applications that allow you to download data offline?
What do you use to record GPS tracks and to upload them to OSM?

Your replies will help me suggest good iOS apps to the attendees of the workshop.

As a reference, I can tell you about two Android application I personally use:
 - OsmAnd for offline map browsing and navigation: http://osmand.net/
 - OSMTracker for recording GPS traces

Thanks!

Guillaume Pratte