[Talk-ca] Keep Right Error

Harald Kliems kliems at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 19:22:20 UTC 2013

Adam,
has this been a persistent error? I've also spent a while finding the
source of the disconnect and couldn't track it down. There seems to be a
random boundary somewhere on Cape Breton Island, but all the highways seem
to be connected. So I'm wondering if maybe the problem was a temporary one
and the keepright data (last update Nov 14) is just outdated?

 Harald.

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 1:48 PM, Adam Martin <s.adam.martin at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> This is my first to this list and I have a question regarding a particular
> keep right error I keep seeing for the island portion of Newfoundland and
> Labrador. All roads within the Province are flagged as being "Floating
> Islands", indicating that there is some sort of gap or break in the
> connection to the mainland. I traced the roads backwards across the
> province and it did not seem to be sourced on the Island itself. So I
> travelled the length of the ferry line to Nova Scotia and checked the Cape
> Breton Island area. Apparently, the error begins there, which causes the
> entire island of Newfoundland to show as being unconnected.
>
> However, I am having trouble localizing the error on Cape Breton. There
> are several places that it seems to trace to, but none that I have
> investigated so far appear to actually have disconnections occurring. These
> roads are all imports of the CANVEC data which is known to have some
> inaccuracies, but that is different from this error. I think it might be
> that the import failed in some manner and caused an error
>  in the connections that keep right has a problem with. Anyone else here
> have any knowledge of what might have happened?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Adam

Please use encrypted communication whenever possible!
Key-ID: 0x34cb93972f186565