[Talk-ca] Confusing CanVec import: Elliot Lake

Daniel Begin jfd553 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 27 19:23:05 UTC 2014

I would ask  <http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/CanvecImports> CanvecImports to clean his mess…

Daniel

From: Stewart C. Russell [mailto:scruss at gmail.com]
Sent: August-27-14 11:44
To: Talk-CA OpenStreetMap
Subject: [Talk-ca] Confusing CanVec import: Elliot Lake

Hi - back in Elliot Lake after a couple of years away, and my, has the map grown here. It looks like there has been multiple overlapping imports in some places, though. F'rinstance, this relation:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/1176648

has multiple coastlines, an import square bisecting a lake, and forestry land-use sitting in the water. There are also some hand-surveyed details removed by an import. I know they weren't perfect, but neither's the import.

And I didn't even bring a GPS with me to start to fix the damage …

cheers,
 Stewart