[Talk-ca] Pourquoi les imports doivent être régis

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 18:08:59 UTC 2014

On 14-01-07 12:25 PM, Adam Martin wrote:

> In all, use of importation for the data should be allowed, but
> controlled. Those that do it need to be skilled at the process and
> mindful of the errors in the data. Above all else, they should respect
> the work of the other mappers in that area.

I was going to write my own bit, but Adam said what I was going to say,
except more clearly than I could.

> … Do it without mentioning it to the group and the change is
> considered unintentional vandalism and erased.

 … though maybe I wouldn't go that far. I'd rather have an unaudited
import than blank map. I'd rather have careful local mapping than an
import. But given the size and population density* of Canada, that can't
happen everywhere.

cheers,
 Stewart

*: or lack of it. Taken as a whole, Canada's essentially unpopulated,
except for a few awkward edge cases ☺