[Talk-ca] Discussion: zones boisées

Bruno Remy bremy.qc.ca at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 22:13:53 UTC 2014

Hello,

Yes indeed some European countries are going further into smaller details.
And it's legit.
However, in the Canadian context, it seems that adjust & fix massive CanVec
data imports has higher priority than touching up every single landuse
parcel....

It's not only about woodlands & water, but also some conversion errors like
Canvec "schools" converted into "jails" in OSM.
So every single little village in QC has his own little jail ! Funny? ;)
(Some of them have been fixed...)

And double-space in street names is also a pain when using Nominatim ....

"Zero un-taged pixel world map" is high hope :-)

Greatings !