[Talk-ca] Urgent care centre

Andrew MacKinnon andrewpmk at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 21:45:41 UTC 2015

On Nov 30, 2015 4:38 PM, "Tristan Anderson" <andersontristan at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> amenity=clinic sounds great.  I hope they're not officially called
"urgent care centres" and they certainly shouldn't be tagged as such in
OSM.  If I got shot and saw an urgent care centre, I'd probably make the
same mistake.

Urgent care centre is the official name. I think that when they are open,
they actually can provide some emergency medical treatment and then will
transfer the patient to a real hospital. However, they are not open 24
hours.

Should I do the same thing with rehabilitation hospitals, etc.?

I know that OSM and Google Maps are not responsible if someone dies while
using their maps, but as OSM becomes more popular, an incident like this
may happen.