[Talk-ca] Urgent care centre

Steve Singer steve at ssinger.info
Mon Nov 30 22:26:01 UTC 2015

On Mon, 30 Nov 2015, Andrew MacKinnon wrote:

> How do you tag an urgent care centre? (An urgent care centre is a
> non-24 hour health care facility for less severe health problems.
> Typically they are former emergency rooms).
>
> I want to prevent an incident like this happening:
> <http://www.cp24.com/news/man-shot-to-death-while-riding-in-car-in-north-etobicoke-1.2679687>
> A shooting victim mistakenly went to what is now an urgent care centre
> (was a hospital) near Jane & Finch and died.
>
> I changed the former location of Humber River Regional Hospital to
> amenity=clinic, emergency=no from amenity=hospital, emergency=no. I
> don't want hospitals without emergency rooms to show up in a search
> for "hospital".

I don't disagree with changing the tagging of the former Humber River
Hospital(just like we need to remember to update the tagging on
Oaville-Trafalgar hopsital when it moves on the 13'th)

There are other active hospitals that don't have an emergency
room, ie http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/43804629 since those are hospitals
I think the tag is proper.