[Talk-ca] broken forests in eastern Canada

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 21:40:28 UTC 2016

On 2016-08-25 02:07 PM, Gordon Dewis wrote:

> There is value to having them in OSM, we just have to find a better way
> to do them, or live with "seams" at the edges of Canvec tiles.

But if they'll (all?) have to be redone once we work out a better way of
doing forests, aren't the existing tile imports a liability? They make
any future repair much more difficult.

There are also many instances where the landuse polygon doesn't clip to
the water body correctly, like this:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/263860160#map=16/46.8979/-82.5383

I don't think there's much import activity going on with the CanVec
data. Last edits from the typical importers was over a year ago.

cheers,
 Stewart