[Talk-ca] Bulk Import of Address Range in GTHA from Metrolinx, Second attemps

Mojgan Jadidi mojgan.jadidi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 14:25:08 UTC 2016

Hi all,
As you can find in our wikipage, we resolve the issue of licensing by using
Open Government data portal which use Open Government License-Canada
accepted by OSM. StatCan 2015 road network is part of this portal.

For accuracy and consistency issue, as I mentioned we validate our result
with imagery data and geosbase road segment geometry following with an
extensive visual inspection. Our visual inspection is on-going step and
never stops!.

I would like to emphasize that we checked OSM address ranges against
StatCan road segment by buffering left and right, if there is not enough
address we extract from StatCan and complete OSM address ranges.

New detected address ranges are displayed onto 10 meter shifted line of OSM
road segment.

We are going to check again for short address ranges and replace with node
address!

Thanks for your support

Mojgan

*Mojgan (Amaneh) Jadidi, Ph.D.*
*Intern, Applied Research & Corporate Monitoring*
*Planning & Policy | **Metrolinx | 97 Front Street West, Toronto, ON, M5J
1E6 | T: 416-202-5844 <416-202-5844>*

*Postdoctoral Research Fellow*
*GeoICT Lab | York University | 4700 Keele St, Toronto, ON, **M3J 1P3*