[Talk-ca] Stat Can and buildings

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 15:01:57 UTC 2016

As a first step Stats would like to know the tags used when mapping
buildings in Canada and the number of times used.  This is to get an idea
of what is already mapped and to see which values should be used when new
tags are added.  I looked at a small sample from Ottawa and noted 127
different tags on buildings including address tags.

The other part of this is what is available under other tags than
building.  For example amenity=school etc.  I suspect school, college and
universities are fairly well mapped.

Any suggestions?

Thanks John