[Talk-ca] iD editor

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Wed Jun 15 15:02:52 UTC 2016

I heard a talk from David Bitner on customizing id for adding information
to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area (BWCA.) His github repository with a code
template is https://github.com/missinglinkmaps/custom_id

As I recall, BWCA publishes features for various campsites. Using just a
small subset of tags, his modified version allows for quick adding of
features.

in the US, the National Park Service has a modified version of iD that
updates OSM and sends a copy of the changes to NPS for review for NPS maps.
I don't believe it's been rolled out to the public yet.

Let me know if you need more information. I can put  you in touch with
either David or NPS.

Clifford

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 6:37 AM, Ellefsen, Bjenk (STATCAN) <
bjenk.ellefsen at canada.ca> wrote:

> iD is being actively developed and I saw that it’s also going modular.
>
> Does anyone have experience using iD editor for custom projects?
>

> Bjenk Ellefsen, PhD
>
> Data Exploration and Integration Lab (DEIL) | Lab d’exploration et
> d’intégration de données (LEID)
> Center for Special Business Projects | Centre des Projets Spéciaux sur les
> entreprises
> Statistics Canada | Statistiques Canada
> (343) 998-3004

@osm_seattle