[Talk-ca] what looks to be imports in North Vancouver - valid?

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 16:33:56 UTC 2016

Hi Michael
> Hi,
>
> I see a bunch of activities by user Marcott such as this (see comment in
> this and other changesets).
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/37885113

Thanks for picking up on this.

> I also notice this activity breaks connections to existing trails etc.
> Also, trails are being imported raw, e.g. with 1m spacing between nodes,
> e.g. way too tight.

Ugh. If these are imports, they needed to use their own import account.
And, of course, not break stuff.

> But the main question is whether the referred to North Vancouver open
> data are known to be OK to use for OSM?

on the face of it, it *looks* like a straight lift of OGL-BC 2.0, so is
likely to be okay: http://clipol.org/licences/101?tab=licence_compatibility

(this seems to be a different licence from the DNV GEOWeb one, btw,
which was incompatible.)

cheers,
 Stewart