[Talk-ca] City of Ottawa imported buildings & addresses

Michael Reichert nakaner at gmx.net
Wed Oct 19 07:05:24 UTC 2016

Hi Denis, hi Rps333, hi LogicalViolinist [3]

Am 19.10.2016 um 08:31 schrieb Denis Carriere:
> Ok this Ottawa reverting process is getting out of hand now!
> Frederik (woodpeck_repair) is reverting entire user history without
> looking at what his osm-revert-script is doing.
>
> *Before & After of Revert - More info with photos*
> https://gist.github.com/DenisCarriere/581b3dbc6adf36608f470702d0bcc38d
>
>  This all started because a "building:level" tag was removed by
> accident in Stittsville, it happens, don't cry over it.
>
> As for "lack of discussion" we've been planning this for months and
> invited all the local mappers to events & we've also got the
> license agreement from the City of Ottawa.
>
> So why are you reverting possibly hundreds of hours of work done by
> the local OSM Ottawa group?
>
> If you're only concern is documentation and workflows, then we can
> easily provide it, no need for an emergency revert of entire users
> histories (LogicalViolinist, Rps333, DenisCarriere) all of them are
> very active contributors.

I have the impression that we are talking to a brick wall. As people
have pointed out on this mailing list for the last days, your import
lacks nearly everything which is required by the guideline. Please
read the postings of the other people on this mailing list carefully.

Additionally, I hereby ask you, DenisCarriere, Rps333 and
LogicalViolinist not to upload any buildings or addresses, modifying
or deleting them before the full revert is completed. Don't try to
start or continue any edit wars [1,2]! Don't restart the import just
after the revert has been finished. Do everything which is required by
the guideline. [4] I hope we do not need a fifth user block within
three days to enforce these rules. :-(

Best regards

Michael

[1] http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/42988442
[2] https://www.openstreetmap.org/user_blocks/1067
[3] email address unknown
[4] You have to wait about two to three weeks between asking on a
mailing list for approval and starting the import.

- --
Per E-Mail kommuniziere ich bevorzugt GPG-verschlüsselt.
(Mailinglisten ausgenommen)