[Talk-ca] Forests/Land Use, was: Canvec reverts

Sam Dyck samueldyck at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 16:03:31 UTC 2016

Regarding the burning of forests, I find the problems with forests tend to
occur when the forests meet up with human activities (communities, gravel
pits, etc.) If I'm importing in an area with some human settlement (and
decent imagery) I will try and clean up the forest and landuse polygons
around them. I personally find the forest data both personally useful and
ascetically pleasing. If/when new NRCan data is released that provides
better forest coverage, I would probably got through a bunch of my old
imports and swap out the forest coverage. As for the urban areas I could
care less if they get left out.