[Talk-ca] [Imports] Ottawa Buildings & Addresses [Statistics Canada project]

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 04:50:39 UTC 2017

>> Going to wait a few hours to accept replies and afterwards we're going
>> to begin the import tonight (EST).
>
> Please don't do this - LWG is still working on it.

I see that, despite the lack of approval from LWG, two users have taken
the unilateral step of starting the import:

* https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/45843129
* https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/45720673

One of the import user names appears to me to be a direct slight to OSM
contributors from another country. This is not acceptable. This is quite
un-Canadian, and contrary to the spirit of OSM.

 Stewart