[Talk-ca] [Imports] Ottawa Buildings & Addresses [Statistics Canada project]

Kyle Nuttall kyle.nuttall at hotmail.ca
Mon Feb 6 05:10:05 UTC 2017

It seems like with direct permission for the building footprint data the licencing issue becomes irrelevant.

However, determining the compatibility of the license is still important so we can avoid having these types of discussions for all the other bits of data the city provides. But this one in question seems to have the go ahead from the City of Ottawa directly.

It's also to my understanding that the spirit of OSM is to contribute data to the map, which seems to be precisely what this import is trying to accomplish.

Cheers,
Kyle