[Talk-ca] Ottawa Buildings & Addresses [Statistics Canada project]

James james2432 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 21:29:59 UTC 2017

Permission should be in the persons own words and not some quest for glory.

We cannot expect to put words in peoples mouths when giving permission by
stating, no sorry try again you should have said it this way or that way ,
oh and you have to do it under surmon in front of the Prime minister as
he's the highest trustworthy authority.

If someone states "I can’t see any issues with it being published to
OpenStreetMap." to me that means it we have the permission to go ahead with
the legal backing of the city of Ottawa. We aren't going to get Jim Watson
to state from his ottawa email that we have the legal write to import the
data as this is what licenses and explicit permission are for.