[Talk-ca] importing data requiring attribution

Alan Richards alarobric at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 19:14:45 UTC 2017

>From what I've seen so far, the opinion seems to be that the OGL-BC devived
licenses like this one require a statement about the Freedom of Information
and Protection of Privacy Act. This was done for the City of Vancouver
license, and I've just recently recieved an update from the City of New
Westminster along the same lines. They were very happy to adjust it after I
contacted them though.

"Data available in the blah blah blah datasets location of the City of New
Westminster's Open Data site under the following location: http://opendata.
newwestcity.ca/datasets is released in accordance with the Freedom of
Information and Protection of Privacy Act of British Columbia."