[Talk-ca] Social Network Analysis of OSM Contributions

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 20:36:29 UTC 2018

> Any thoughts on geovisual analytic tools like Crowd Lens, OSMatrix or
Epic-osm for identifying other contributors who may be interested in
joining the BC2020i crowd?

I think the challenge is how can they contribute without adding low quality
data.  Conceptually everyone can understand drawing in a building.  What
they miss is for BC2020i is adding tags is much more valuable and less
prone to error.

There are multiple apps that run on smartphones that can add POI
information but adding a tag to a building outline is more of a challenge.

Once we define a process to add information simply then we can scale it but
I don't think we've done that yet.  I still think we need some sort of
feedback loop to see how it is progressing.

Cheerio John