[Talk-ca] Preferred phone number format

Matthew Darwin matthew at mdarwin.ca
Tue Feb 6 18:39:52 UTC 2018

Hi Stewart,

Thanks for your comment. I'm relatively new to OSM, so I don't have
all the history, so I appreciate you and others jumping in.

I saw the discussion page when I started working on this.  However, it
is from 2012, so I'm not clear if this represents current state or
not. People are still clearly adding contact:phone etc tags....

I can see contact:twitter/facebook/etc is way more popular than
twitter/facebook alone.   So if we use the non contact:* type, then
these don't align with the majority. Or would you suggest
phone/fax/website don't use contact: where as twitter/facebook do use
that prefix?

I personally don't have a strong opinion on which way to go, other
than try to be consistent.

I tried the iD editor... and it seems to have support for contact:*,
but use "phone/fax/email/website" in the quick pick list.