[Talk-ca] Postal Code cleanup

James james2432 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 01:05:50 UTC 2018

Canapost uses

A#A #A#

Seeing as they were trying to copyright it's usage (see lawsuit vs
geocode.ca) I think thats the format we should use

On Feb 7, 2018 8:02 PM, "Matthew Darwin" <matthew at mdarwin.ca> wrote:

Hi all,

Below are the 10 top postal code formats in Canada as seen in
*addr:postcode*. When I get bored of tidying up phone numbers, I'll tackle
some postal codes.

I hope we can all agree that "A#A #A#", which is the most popular, is the
correct format that should be used.  The ones that just have 'A#A' (the
"Forward Sortation Area") I will leave as well.   There are more than 60
unique formats in use today.... and funny enough I see phone numbers in the
postal code field.... arrh!

I am open to comments/suggestion on this, as always.

  20271 'A#A #A#'
   1454 'A#A#A#'
     96 'a#a#a#'
     37 'A#A #A# '