[Talk-ca] Postal Code cleanup

Matthew Darwin matthew at mdarwin.ca
Thu Feb 8 01:01:36 UTC 2018

Hi all,

Below are the 10 top postal code formats in Canada as seen in
*addr:postcode*. When I get bored of tidying up phone numbers, I'll
tackle some postal codes.

I hope we can all agree that "A#A #A#", which is the most popular, is
the correct format that should be used.  The ones that just have 'A#A'
(the "Forward Sortation Area") I will leave as well.   There are more
than 60 unique formats in use today.... and funny enough I see phone
numbers in the postal code field.... arrh!

I am open to comments/suggestion on this, as always.

   20271 'A#A #A#'
    1454 'A#A#A#'
      96 'a#a#a#'
      37 'A#A #A# '