[Talk-ca] Cleanup of addr:country, addr:province, addr:state

Matthew Darwin matthew at mdarwin.ca
Mon Feb 19 15:44:50 UTC 2018

Hi Clifford,

(It was good to meet you at SOTM US last year).

Thanks for your comments... The situation with addr:city appears to me
to be more complex than the situation with addr:province/addr:country,
along the lines of what you are mentioning. My personal home mailing
address cannot be resolved in OSM because the mailing address does not
match any of the boundaries.  (OSM boundaries are correct, but the
official post address cannot be resolved from the boundaries). So I
have a feeling that addr:city is going to be required, at least in
some cases.

Do you have a view on addr:province/addr:state or addr:country?
US/Canada probably have more similarities than differences, so your
input is very welcome.