[Talk-ca] Cleanup of addr:country, addr:province, addr:state

Matthew Darwin matthew at mdarwin.ca
Mon Feb 19 19:17:46 UTC 2018

On 2018-02-19 01:49 PM, Stewart C. Russell wrote:
> Everything beyond the number and street name requires some abstraction,
> and then a decision needs to be made over which authority one trusts.
> You're doing great work with your consistency edits, but at some point,
> completeness/consistency become very tiresome to reconcile.

Hi Stewart,

I really appreciate all your comments.

At some point I will indeed grow tired of doing edits of this nature.
But hopefully by then the largest issues are improved. (80/20 rule).
Additionally I hope to make the techniques I am using to find
inconsistencies available as some sort of report so others can tackle
the issues in their area(s) of interest.  The OSM inspector
(https://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/) is great, but it doesn't have
Canada-specific rules to point out things we could improve.