[Talk-ca] Expanding vs abbreviating

Matthew Darwin matthew at mdarwin.ca
Wed Feb 21 02:33:55 UTC 2018

Maybe the wiki needs updating, because it doesn't align with this
discussion:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Canadian_tagging_guidelines

        Street names

Many Canadian cities and towns use the grid based structure, the
presence of numbered streets and avenues is very common.

/Suggestion:/ Name these streets/avenues with the full name (such as
51st Street Northeast) and let the renderer sort out the abbreviation
where required. Where the numbering system ends below 30, consider
spelling out the numbers.

Matthew Darwin
matthew at mdarwin.ca
http://www.mdarwin.ca