[Talk-ca] BC2020 OD_tables wiki and project status

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 20:17:22 UTC 2018

The Ottawa building outlines were identified as a possibility by Tracey at
a meeting between Stats Can City of Ottawa and a few people from OSM plus a
few others by phone who had done something similar.

Most of the enriching of OSM from Ottawa's Open Data came through their
portal such as the GTFS file.  Martin and James have done most of the work
integrating what they could find.

Once we had the license lined up then I understand the building outline
file was supplied separately to the Open Data portal but with the same
licence.  I think James would know if it came on a USB stick or not.

The Stats Can building project has had a lot of interest from
municipalities.  I think Kingston was very keen.  Its value is the mixture
of Open Data and the enrichment that comes from the OSM side to give the
number of levels etc.

TB are supposed to have an Open data kit for municipalities real soon now
and that is supposed to include information about the TB 2.0 Open Data
Licence that Ottawa is using.

Cheerio John