[Talk-ca] GitHub app for BC2020i Challenge

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 20:14:19 UTC 2018

> Hm, we tried to revive the wiki, a tried-and-true OSM methodology for
doing EXACTLY that.  Is there something wrong with that idea?

No this project was initiated by Stats Canada, but without clear
requirements or feedback about what had been achieved.  The Stats Can side
wasn't dependant on normal OSM mappers but my understanding was it was
hoping to draw in new mappers.

Fine but a couple of maperthons that were organised had data quality issues
and no clear guidance about what tags were most valuable.

I could be wrong but I'm not aware of any significant movement on the
project.

Cheerio John