[Talk-ca] Ongoing Canadian building import needs to be stopped, possibly reverted

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 16:06:41 UTC 2019

Hi,

Tangentially, I often remap areas with poor mapping and use the
replace geometry tool. I estimate it adds about 5% time to the over
all remapping effort, which is totally acceptable for the benefits of
careful redoing and saving of object history and I encourage folks to
use that way where there is good hand crafted existing data where an
import or improvement is going on.

Here is a tutorial video that shows how I work with it and if done
right, why remapping and replace geometry are only about 5% more
effort than deleting and re mapping from scratch. It also directly
applies to the import conflation process and I use it anytime I am
involved in that type of workflow.

https://youtu.be/Kv5AOmX8M9g

Respectfully,
Blake