[Talk-ca] Building import in BC and Quebec

Nate Wessel bike756 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 14:32:24 UTC 2019

Given the scale of this illicit import (thanks Pierre for the stats!), I
would, yes, stick my neck out and say that I oppose this action as a
Canadian mapper. Contributors who are clearly violating community norms
about discussion and consensus do not constitute an implicit consensus
of some local community. In the absence of a healthy local discussion
about this, I think it's up to us to say that this needs to stop.

The tasking manager for this project should be taken down immediately.
Whether they strictly need it to continue or not, they are (ab)using it
and it's clearly helping them continue with an import that is being
actively disputed.

Nate Wessel
Jack of all trades, Master of Geography, PhD candidate in Urban Planning
NateWessel.com <http://natewessel.com>