[Talk-ca] Saints in street names in Ontario

Nate Wessel bike756 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 17:02:35 UTC 2019

Don't forget about the various alternative naming tags like alt_name=*
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:alt_name>, short_name=*
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:alt_name>, loc_name=*, and also
name:etymology=*
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:name:etymology> to make things
absolutely clear.

Having either spelling in one of these alternatives as appropriate would
likely satisfy any dissenters and make both the full and abbreviated
name searchable.

Nate Wessel
Jack of all trades, Master of Geography, PhD candidate in Urban Planning
NateWessel.com <http://natewessel.com>