[Talk-cz] Adding housenumbers with StreetComplete

Marián Kyral mkyral na email.cz
Neděle Listopad 12 19:07:25 UTC 2017

Hi Tobias,

Dne 12.11.2017 v 19:46 Tobias Zwick napsal(a):
> Hi, I am the author of StreetComplete, an Android app with with which
> surveyors can add data to the map directly. More Info here:
> https://github.com/westnordost/StreetComplete
>
> Amongst other things, the app incites its users to add housenumbers to
> buildings. I have read that in your country, most (all?) housenumbers
> are imported from an official source. But it is not clear to me whether
> this happens regularly, if this means that housenumbers should not be
> added from OSM users etc.

Yes, data are irregularly updated. Usually once per month. See
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/CzechAddress/history

> On the wiki documentation
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Addresses#Country_specific_rules_and_sources
> , it is only documented that a housenumber (possibly?) has more than
> just a housenumber, but also a conscription number etc.
>
> So that is why I would like to ask you whether adding any housenumbers
> on building outlines) should be disabled for your country in the app.
> Ideally, the linked wiki should be updated to reflect the decision made.

Well, some users in past mapped addresses on outlines. We did not retag
them. Import script is able to handle such situation.

Regarding rest of your email below, I don't think that, right now, we
need any address complementation in Czech Republic. But we are using
almost the same system as Slovakia and they are still collecting addresses.

Thanks for StreetComplete and best regards,
Marián