[Talk-de] Hello from England

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mi Jul 1 11:51:08 UTC 2009

Hi,

pirrifornus at web.de wrote:
> All problems with the license can be backtracked to the value of the
> information collected and the wish to extend the commercial use. That
> is ok with with me. What is not ok is that the license permits
> keeping the information in my bank safe and only distribute it for a
> "reasonable production fee".

What kind of Internet pipes do you have in Senegal? If you were to
produce maps and make them available, do you *really* want to be forced
to let *everyone in the world* download the planet file from *your*
Senegal server? Because that's what this paragraph is about - Internet
access is not free... this paragraph actually protects those on a low
budged doing something cool with the data.

Bye
Frederik