[Talk-de] Frage zur ODbl => abgeleitete Werke

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mi Mär 25 23:55:47 UTC 2009

Hallo,

Ulf Möller wrote:
>> 5. Die CC-BY-SA raeumt kein Nutzungsrecht im Rahmen des Datenbankrechts ein.
>
> Gegenbehauptung:
>
> Wenn eine Datenbank unter CC-BY-SA veröffentlicht wird, räumt die
> CC-BY-SA ein Nutzungsrecht im Rahmen des Datenbankrechts ein. Den
> Juristen, der den Lizenztext unter diesen Umständen anders auslegt,
> möchte ich erst mal sehen...

Die Erfinder der CC-Lizenz schreiben in ihrem Datenbank-FAQ auf

http://sciencecommons.org/resources/faq/databases

das folgende:

(Zitat Anfang)

If I apply a Creative Commons license to my database, does this mean
people can replicate the database?

Yes [...] However, if the database is hosted in Europe (or a
jurisdiction with a similar law), a different type of right—a sui
generis (i.e. copyright-like) database right—may give the database
provider an additional layer of protection against someone copying the
entire database or database elements that are under a Creative Commons
license.

[...]

[A] Creative Commons license will not impact the existence of this
database right. This means that, because the Creative Commons licenses
apply only to copyright protected works (and not sui generis protected
works), a database owner will still be able to enforce their database
right even if the copyright-protected elements of the database have been
licensed under a Creative Commons license.

(Zitat Ende)

Das stuetzt also ziemlich genau meine Aussage von oben. Was aber, und
darin hast Du recht, nicht heissen muss, dass ein Richter das genauso
auslegt.

Bye
Frederik