[Talk-dk] Buildings and addressmarkers

Morten Kjeldgaard mok at bioxray.dk
Man Dec 6 18:08:48 GMT 2010

On 06/12/2010, at 17.29, Thies Pierdola wrote:

> Hi Danmark,
>
> with the new Bing dataset released, I started drawing buildings.
>
> One simple question came up, what do I do with kms/address markers?
>
> 1) Leave them as they are?

Yes, please. We would like the OSAK nodes to be updated by a bot in
the future, and moving them/changing their content will only disturb
or complicate that process. If you remove one, it will likely be
recreated by the bot when comes along to that street anyway.

> 2) Transfer the data to the new buildings and remove the markers?

> 3) Put them in some kind of relation?

You could duplicate the OSAK information for a building that only
contains a single address, and you could create a relation for
buildings with more then one address.  But frankly, I don't see the
point. The address nodes work fine with routing algorithms, and what
else do you need?

On a similar note, I considered assempling streets and address nodes
in a associatedStreet relation, on a systematic level it seems
logical, but again, I fail to see what it should be used for. A lot of
added data and complexity (that needs maintenance) with any real
benefits.

> I hope there is some kind of convention about this. For now I leave
> them as they are and just draw buildings, as i don't want to mess up
> the address data.

That is exactly what we want, AFAIAC :-)

Cheers,
Morten