[oxoncotswolds] Bus stops imported

Andrew Chadwick (email lists) andrewc-email-lists at piffle.org
Thu Oct 22 10:35:21 BST 2009

Richard Mann wrote:
> The NaPTAN bus stops have been imported (including some former bus stops in
> Queen St... which I'll retag as highway=ex_bus_stop)
>
> I think the general approach is probably to delete the non-NaPTAN bus stops,
> and correct the NaPTAN ones (but don't touch naptan tags, except the
> naptan:verified tag). If there's additional info on the non-NaPTAN node, it
> needs to be copied across.

Off the top of my head, route_ref/bus_routes and ref are probably worth
retaining somehow, and the node should be added to the bus route
relation(s).

Those "ref"s I've been adding that look like 69325659 are stop reference
numbers for plugging into http://www.oxontime.com/ , derived from photos
of the little purple plate on the stop itself. Probably we should
namespace the oxontime info - oxontime:ref=NNNNN, anyone? - since this
number is by no stretch of the imagination the proper reference number
for the bus stop.

route_ref and bus_routes are semicolon-separated lists of local,
national or regional bus routes, mostly local. Photos, again.

Er. We should write this up on the wiki or something.

> You can change the location of the NaPTAN nodes if they're wrong, the name
> tag (which should be the same as the name on the stop), and the local_ref
> (which should be the code on the top of the pole, such as R6, if it has
> one). If the NaPTAN stop is close enough to correct, delete the
> naptan:verified tag. If the bearing (the direction the bus is travelling) is
> wrong, I suggest adding correct:bearing=whatever (apparently these were all
> wrong in London, though the ones here seem to be OK).

Bearing is equivalent to old-style direction={N,S,E,W}, for a further
check on some nodes.

--
Andrew Chadwick