[Talk-gb-westmidlands] Hamstead

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Thu Feb 14 22:12:17 UTC 2019

I noticed today that the BBC reported a road accident as:

   M6 in Hampstead Industrial Estate exit slip road
   partially blocked southbound at J7, A34 (Great Barr)

There is no "Hampstead Industrial Estate exit" at junction 7, and in
any case the estate is "Hamstead Industrial Estate" (no "p"):

   https://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=52.5284&mlon=-1.9260#map=15/52.5284/-1.9260

and so I told them this on Twitter.

Someone has argued that "Hampstead Industrial Estate" is correct, as
that's what Google Maps calls it.

I thought I would settle the matter by referring to the Royal Mail
postcode database - and was surprised that they too have it as
"Hampstead Industrial Estate" - try searching for "B42 1DU" at:

   https://www.royalmail.com/find-a-postcode

Has anyone had any luck, getting errors in the postcode database fixed?

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing